Business Presentation Skills
& Public Speaking
The overall objective of this dynamic workshop is to help attendees plan, prepare, and deliver a clear, logical, technical or non-technical presentation to a small group or at a conference.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Present with improved Self-Confidence and enthusiasm
- Use a unique planning process to prepare more easily and in less time
- Structure a Presentation, and comply with time constraints
- Influence the audience and obtain a positive reaction
- Sell ideas better in discussions at meetings, and to small or large audiences
- Use voice, eye contact and body language to greater effect.
- Provide an interesting, polished, properly structured Presentation
- Save time and energy through preparing more efficiently
- Less nerves, more confidence, and personal satisfaction
- Receive a video cassette of your four presentations for future reference
- Improve your bottom-line.
- The aim and selecting the material
- Note-making and impromptu speaking
- Reducing nervousness
- Choice of words and use of humour
- Preparation of visual aids
- Check and rehearse at the venue Defining
- Know your audience.
- “Selling, even an idea, is not telling but persuading”
- Understanding the different organisation of the persuasive or informative structures
- Use of visual aids, including Power Point, overhead projector, white board, flipchart, and slide projector.
- Getting a positive response and holding the audience’s interest
- Handling questions, interruptions and involving the audience.
Voice Projection, Eye Contact and Body Language
- Volume and speed, pitch and pause
- Hands and mannerisms
- Eye contact
- Build confidence.
- Down to earth, informal, stimulating and fun!
- Practical experience in giving a variety of talks and presentations is obtained
- Videoing of presentations is used as a training medium and for future reference
- Group discussions and assessments of performance are conducted under professional guidance
- Great care is taken not to embarrass or undermine the confidence of the individual
- To ensure on-going improvement, we recommend a follow up session a few weeks after the workshop to check progress and reinforce their action plan.
Business Presentation Skills & Public Speaking
Direct Feedback from attendees of this workshop run by Paul Chatfeild-Clarke:
“ Spot on! Paul was great, getting us geed up and keeping people on time – Good Humour and energy levels.
Good, pleasant and interesting.”
- Definitely Mind-Mapping to replace notes to prepare, plan and
give the presentation;
- Thoughts more organised and natural flow of information;
- Fielding questions - TRACT;
- Controlling interactions, steady eye contact and slow down;
- Pitch, Pause, and Pounce – a bit of fun!”
“No areas of weaknesses – I’ve attended many courses and generally have comments on the area of improvement. Paul was ‘peppy’ and good humoured – great – much better than other courses and lectures at Uni.”
“ Excellent – I feel more confident, relaxed, & comfortable.
- Mind Mapping;
- Preparation – hand/voice/eye contact;
- Persuasive Presentation Technique;
- We do not appear as nervous as we feel!”
“Good, pleasant and interesting.”
- How to make presentations more interesting;
- Involve audience;
- Use Mind-Mapping to structure presentations;
- How to overcome mental blanks and build confidence.”
“I have learnt many practical and useable skills which were practised extensively during the course.”
- Use of eye contact, voice: inflection, pitch, pause and volume;
- Mannerisms – control hands, words and body language - be natural;
- Use Mind-Mapping for preparation and planning;
- When to use the informative and persuasive structures.”
“ Excellent – I found Paul to be very amusing, and the video practice great.
- Having a Structure helped nerves – Less nerves, less movement;
- Spread Eye contact evenly;
- Persuasive structure;
- Mind maps help organise thoughts and minimise nerves;
- Involve audience – use their ideas and experience.”
Chatfeild-Clarke Consulting 61 8 6262 3940 www.paulchat.com